Director of Procurement (9906289) Seal Beach, California
This position offers you the opportunity to make an impact and continue to expand the coverage of the procurement organization's policies and procedures at a cutting edge clean technology company. We are expanding the supply chain team to accommodate our ongoing strong growth (both organically and via acquisition) and you will provide the strategic vision for procurement; right off the bat you will take a hands-on approach to executing on your vision and then growing the team as necessary (we design, build and operate CNG and LNG [compressed and liquefied natural gas] fueling stations, and we have a significant number of major capital projects in progress or in the pipeline). With capital investments this high, a savvy procurement professional can make a significant difference.
To be a good fit for the Director of Procurement opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent; an ISM CPM, APICS CPIM, or other purchasing/supply chain management certification is desirable.
- 10 to 15 years of industry experience with at least 5 years in a strategic sourcing role. Global procurement experience is a plus.
- 5+ years of procurement leadership experience in manufacturing and/or construction, including:
- Familiarity with capital expense projects in regulated manufacturing industries.
- Construction contract negotiation.
- Corporate procurement.
Clean Energy is North America's leading provider of natural gas fuel for transportation, and a global leader in expanding international natural gas vehicle markets. With experience and expertise built over more than a decade, we are committed to helping our customers -- companies operating all kinds of fleets from the goods movement sector, to refuse and public transit, to shuttles and taxi fleets -- gain the measurable economic and environmental advantages of natural gas fueling. We have more than 1000 employees globally, we distribute products globally, and our revenues in 2011 grew 38% to $293 million.