IT Manager (BBBH1667) Milton Keynes, England
|Salary:||GBP30000 - GBP45000 per annum + Pension, Private Health, Life Insurance|
Recann is currently recruiting an IT Manager for a leading Medical Research organisation based in Milton Keynes.
We are looking for an experienced IT Manager to join the company for the smooth running of the organisation's IT portfolio, within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
Key Tasks IT Responsibilities
- Manage Information technology and computer systems and ensure IT contracted services are managed effectively to meet key performance indicators and agreed targets
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations and report back into SMT on a timely basis
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems and manage external service providers
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy and identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Monitor Emerging Technology and identify threats and opportunities.
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes • Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness Personal Support
- Attendance of regular staff meetings
- Develop and attend a regular informal peer support mechanism with others throughout the organisation.
- Attendance of regular operational meetings, supervision and annual appraisal.
- Complete a personal development plan in conjunction with your Line Manager and take responsibility for achieving its actions. • Work within organisational policy at all times.
- Actively participate in identified training relevant to the post
- Minimum of 5 years senior IT practice in a multi-site operation / on the job experience
- Experience of advising Senior/Line Managers on IT Policy
- Experience of implementing and maintaining Business applications
- Experience of working in partnership with other organisations/ departments/ colleagues to drive forward continuous improvements within their remit
- Experience of programme and project management and implementing solutions on time and within resource constraints.
- Experience of procurement and contract management.
- Experience of prioritisation and resource management.
- Experience of providing training to users.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships based on trust at all levels
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment
- Focuses on delivery with excellent time management skills
- Competitive salary of up to £45,000PA.
- Best in the class pension scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement.