Groundskeeper (A47F617253) Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
The Groundskeeper is responsible for the maintenance of all landscaping and outdoor common areas of the resort. This position is vital to guest satisfaction by maintaining an overall pleasant appearance for our guests.
- Performs daily assignments and projects set by the department supervisor or Resort Management
- Maintains all outdoor trash receptacles, ash cans, and outdoor grills to ensure that debris is kept to a minimum at all times
- Picks up and disposes of litter daily throughout the property
- Performs daily blow down of sidewalks and decking areas
- Edges and mows grass regularly to prevent overgrowth
- Maintains all flower beds, pulling and keeping weeds to a minimum
- Maintains all other resort landscapes and outdoor common areas, which include but may not be limited to miniature golf courses and other guest activity areas
- Maintains and waters all potted plants on grounds and in pool areas
- Conducts daily maintenance checks on grounds equipment to ensure everything is in working order and good repair
- Stays in direct contact with the department supervisor and reports any maintenance problems in a timely manner
The Groundskeeper may also:
- Work on projects with other departments on property as deemed by the General Manager
- High School Diploma or GED
Operational knowledge of basic lawn equipment (mowers, weed eaters, blowers, etc.)
Festiva’s Core Competencies
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Adaptability: Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
Customer oriented: Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Enthusiastic: Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
Ethical: Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Interpersonal: Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Responsible: Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
Safety awareness: Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Ambition: The drive to achieve personal advancement
Accuracy: Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
Autonomy: Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Energy: Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality of work
Motivation: Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability
None at this time
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
|N (Not Applicable)||Activity is not applicable to this occupation.|
|O (Occasionally)||Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)|
|F (Frequently)||Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)|
|C (Constantly)||Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)|
The Groundskeeper works outside in different weather conditions, which vary across locations. This position requires the regular use of hand tools and mechanical equipment that produces a loud noise. Hours include some weekends and holidays.