Manager, Sales Engineering, Cox Business (43524) Chesapeake, Virginia
Manager, Sales Engineering, Cox Business CO0295
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Business Hours: M-F, 8AM 5PM
Promotes, sells, and retains commercial business solutions for voice, data and video. Target customers include small, medium and large businesses, educational, government, carrier and national accounts, as well as other specific market verticals (such as hospitality).
- Leads and motivates a team of sales professionals to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Develops team strategy, forecasting, reporting, analysis, financial forecasting and administration of sales channel.
- Assigns territories, customer sales opportunities and sales goals to sales professionals.
- Coordinates effectively with Residential, Operations, and Engineering counterparts to maximize sales opportunities, ensure high quality product delivery and customer service.
- Works with sales peers to ensure that all customer leads are passed to the appropriate sales professionals.
- Achieves business objectives and call center or outside sales performance goals while ensuring the highest level of operational efficiencies.
- Accompany outside Account Execs on sales visits as needed as well as determine customer requirements, develops proposals and executes technical presentations.
- Reviews proposals created by Account Execs to provide necessary input.
- Ensures Building Access Agreements are negotiated and maintained to Cox Communications best interest.
- Interfaces with Operations & Engineering to ensure network availability/serviceability before orders are finalized.
- Understands the core network and communicates network changes to the sales team.
- Collaborates with product managers to ensure the sales team's understanding of new products and provides product feedback.
- Hires, develops, performance manages, and trains employees. Motivates and coaches staff to achieve department and company goals.
- Disseminate company goals and direction as announced by senior team to all direct reports.
- Controls expenses while meeting or exceeding revenue goals and maximizing ROI.
- Remains current of technical information regarding Cox's telephony, data and video products and offerings, CPE, networking, consultative sales skills and sales management and negotiation skills.
- 7 years telecommunications (telephony, data, and video) engineer or sales engineer experience.
- Valid drivers license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- 6 months work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
- 18 years of age or older
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent work experience
- BS/BA in related discipline required or advanced degree and 5+ years experience in related field.
- CCNA or CCNP certification preferred
- 3+ years leadership experience
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.