Outside Sales Manager, Cox Business (43567) Chesapeake, Virginia
Promotes, sells, and retains commercial business solutions for voice, data and video. Target customers include medium and large businesses, educational, government, and national accounts, as well as other specific market verticals (such as hospitality, education, medical).
- Leads and motivates a team of sales professionals to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Develops team strategy, forecasting, reporting, analysis, financial forecasting and administration of sales channel.
- Assigns territories, customer sales opportunities and sales goals to sales professionals.
- Coordinates effectively with Business, Operations, and Engineering counterparts to maximize sales opportunities, ensure high quality product delivery and customer service.
- Works with sales peers to ensure that all customer leads are passed to the appropriate sales professionals.
- Achieves business objectives and outside sales performance goals while ensuring the highest level of operational efficiencies.
- Accompany outside Account Execs on sales visits as needed as well as determine customer requirements, develops proposals and executes technical presentations.
- Reviews proposals created by Account Execs to provide necessary input.
- Ensures Building Access Agreements are negotiated and maintained to Cox Communications best interest.
- Interfaces with Operations & Engineering to ensure network availability/serviceability before orders are finalized.
- Understands the core network and communicates network changes to the sales team.
- Collaborates with product managers to ensure the sales team's understanding of new products and provides product feedback.
- Hires, develops, performance manages, and trains employees. Motivates and coaches staff to achieve department and company goals.
- Disseminate company goals and direction as announced by senior team to all direct reports.
- Controls expenses while meeting or exceeding revenue goals and maximizing ROI.
- Remains current of technical information regarding Cox's telephony, data and video products and offerings, CPE, networking, consultative sales skills and sales management and negotiation skills.
- High School Diploma, GED or relevant work experience required.
- 5+ years of Sales or Sales Support or Sales Process experience.
- 5+ years Sales Leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers and quickly adapt to changes in process, requirements, goals, and organizational change.
- Proven ability to execute tactical goals in support of national strategy and vision.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred .
- Strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills and an attention to detail preferred.
- 5+ years telecom sales experience, preferably commercial business to business telecom sales.
Influence/People Leadership - Manages Service, Production, or Support employees via subordinate supervisors OR a team of exempt professional individual contributors and associated support staff OR May be a manager without direct reports, with primary responsibility for overseeing special groups/projects or processes with dotted-line accountability to the field; Primary contribution is managing other people (rather than applying knowledge) ; Manages supervisors/team leaders and/or team of exempt individual contributors and associated support staff; Ensures performance planning, coaching, and evaluation occurs per policy
Supervision supervises supervisors/team leaders and/or a team of exempt professional individual contributors and associated support staff
Span Of Control/Complexity - supervises a team of professional individual contributors; may also directly or indirectly supervise support staff; activities are typically more diverse covering multiple functions OR Activities are highly specific and complex focused on a single subject matter OR May be responsible for complex projects having significant scope/impact
Decision-Making Authority - With oversight from higher level managers, achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience
Financial - Contributes to development of an operating plan and budget; Responsible for managing or coordinating expenses within a budget or part of a larger budget; May manage or coordinate a project budget or multiple project budgets
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.