Product Manager (1839BR) Orchard Park, New York
The Product Manager will be responsible for the profitable growth of all assigned product lines. Individual will define and implement product strategies, provide technical product support, application assistance and product training to sales staff. Will coordinate pricing and product rationalization activities, champion new products through ITT Value Based Product Development (VBPD) and perform product portfolio analysis through the Value Based Management (VBM) process. Will provide support and information required to design Flow Control Value Center products. Will facilitate communication between operations, engineering, sales and customer service. Develop, communicate and deploy Product Roadmaps.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Assume responsibility for Product Management, to include product planning and strategies.
• Researches market conditions in local, regional, or national area to determine potential sales of product; Collects and analyzes data to evaluate existing and potential product market. Examines and analyzes statistical data to forecast future marketing trends.
• Performs competitive and market attractiveness analysis.
• Manage portfolio and product roadmaps for assigned product group.
• Recommend, investigate and document new product opportunities.
• Champion new products through the product development process, including opportunity prioritization, completion of activities and ensuring new product introductions occur per schedule.
• Conduct, coordinate and manage product launches, including the development of all Marketing Communications materials.
• Maintains direct contact with key customers, distributors and agents worldwide via an active travel agenda and participate in industry trade shows.
• Develop and maintain key business contacts within the industry
• Assist with the development of technology roadmaps for the company and assist Engineering and Product Management in converting these roadmaps into new concepts and products.
• Individual will develop and execute strategies to drive growth, retention and profitability and optimize market penetration.
• Will proactively seek, identify and recommend potential teaming and acquisition targets, in conjunction with the leadership team.
• Remains cognizant of all pertinent competitive activities worldwide, including technical developments and market share data and perform competitive and market attractiveness analysis
• Organizes and manages sound proposal preparation, pricing establishment and quotation activities.
• Prepares monthly and quarterly reports detailing the status of accounts, applications and sales figures.
• Assists with advertising and sales promotion programs.
• Assists with Aerospace Controls participation in trade shows and other industry activities.
Key Performance Metrics:
• Product Portfolio Strategy
• Business Unit profitability (against plan)
• Cost tracker maintenance
• Product / Application portfolio diversification (against goal)
• New target account development (against goal)
• Marketing promotional growth (against goal)
• Sales / Marketing operational budget adherence
10+ years of progressive sales or business development experience, preferably in the aerospace manufacturing industry. Must have some experience participating in a company’s strategic planning process, preparation of departmental budgets and operating plans and possess significant initiative and ability to develop, implement, and achieve ambitious stretch goals for the organization. Successful candidates should have strategic alliances with several key contacts in the aerospace marketplace. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse and global employees, including the ability to motivate, energize, manage and develop performance of staff. Polished presentation and communication skills are essential as is the ability to travel domestically and internationally