HR Professional - Orchard Park (1980BR) Orchard Park, New York
Summary – This position is responsible for coaching and guidance to line managers on people management processes and issues, including performance management and general employee relations matters. Provides counsel and guidance to employees and conducts fact findings as needed under supervision of HR leadership. Supports both training delivery and talent acquisition activities; Role will also play role in supporting Lean site engagement, improvement and sustainment plan
- Provides advice and counsel to employees and managers on employee relations issues (escalated from Tier 1) to facilitate the resolution of work-related conflicts and promote increased communication.
- Advises managers on general employee relations issues (e.g. discipline, coaching associates, performance management).
- Supports activities related to driving engagement and sustaining a positive work environment
- Assists employees with the interpretation of Company policies and respond to inquiries, concerns and grievances.
- Escalates more complex, sensitive or business-critical cases to the HR Value Center Partner.
- Participates in the investigation of associate complaints and disputes and maintains related records and files.
- Supports overall PfP process and administration of progressive discipline/corrective actions as it relates to performance matters.
- Coordinates and participates in the exit interview process; identifies opportunities and areas of concern requiring follow-up.
- Manages onboarding process and ensures support to both managers and employees as part of new hire process
- Collaborates closely with HR Value Center Business Partners on Employee Relations policy goals and objectives.
- Researches and identifies trends and report to the HR Value Center Business Partners.
- Collaborates with the HR Value Center Business Partners in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and programs related to employee relations.
- Provides support to line managers using the methodology and tools provided by COE partners.
- Collaborates with the Learning and Development Lead on the local delivery of learning and development solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to transition routine, transactional work to Shared Services.
- Provides a consistent customer experience to all stakeholders.
- Supports business and HR decisions within the context of short term goals and objectives for the area/department supported
- Observe and support CR policies and procedures, and encourage employees to be actively involved in safety and health efforts.
§ BS, BA or graduate degree preferred.
§ Minimum of 4 years of applicable human resources experience in a related field in a similar organization. Prior experience as an HR Generalist or Employee Relations Specialist preferred.
§ Understanding of key human resources areas including recruiting, performance management, employee development, employee relations
§ Able to adapt job activities methods or processes to satisfy changing requirements
§ Practical experience of project management and knowledge of how to employ tools and technical expertise to perform successfully
§ Experience and successful track record in investigating and resolving complex employee relations issues
§ Implementation of Lean or other strategies to support effective working environment