Writer (BBBH15942) McLean, Virginia
· Create written materials including online media, brochure and catalog outline pages.
· During proofreading, check for American English grammar, punctuation and usage as needed.
· Check adaptations for Anglicized English, and French, and Swedish languages, including punctuation, consistent usage of terms, format, capitalization, and style.
· Follow editorial policies, which include the Chicago Manual Style Guide, Proofreading Resources database, Terms and Trademarks database, and other proofreading guidelines.
· Ask questions from staff members to create compelling storylines
· Must possess a BA in journalism, English, humanities, social sciences, or a related field.
· 5+ years of writing and editing experience, preferably with a journalism background
· Knowledge of, and experience with, typography and graphic design preferred.
· Knowledge of Macintosh-based electronic publishing desired.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
· Experience and good computer skills are desirable, especially with word processing programs such as Microsoft Word for Windows, databases, and Lotus Notes.
Established in 1998, Profiles is the industry leader in placing Digital Professionals. Concentrating exclusively in Creative, Digital Marketing, and Information Technology, Profiles’ expertise is where Marketing meets IT. Our experienced team, executive leadership, and leading Talent contractors are among the industry’s best. Located in the Mid-Atlantic, Profiles recruits nationally to supply the best corporations with top talent.
Profiles offers leading salaries, vacation and bonus pay, weekly compensation, 401k and health, vision and dental benefits. Direct hire, contract, contract-to-hire, and freelance jobs listed daily.
For more information, please visit www.careerprofiles.com