Crisis Support Worker (200014280) Blue Mountains, Australia
About The Role
Our Crisis Support Workers are passionate about child protection, flexible and adaptable to the particular needs of each family. Whether that would be improving parenting capacity, implementing routines, programming activities and/or promoting the children’s safety, development & welfare; thus reducing the risk.
We are seeking experienced individuals to join our specialised team to provide education, care & support to children and their families who have been referred to the service due to child protection and welfare issues.
Often working with children with additional needs, disadvantaged families, or families struggling with illness or mental health, we are keen to engage individuals who can make a great impact in a short space of time.
Locations including but not limited to:
- Blue Mountails
- Western suburbs
- Inner west
- South West
- The Hills
Ideally, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications (Or working towards):
- Early Education / Child Care
- Community Services
- Social Work / Welfare
- Youth Work
- A minimum of 12 months experience working with children/families in one of the following:
- Early educator within a childcare service - child care centre / preschool etc.
- Child related social work / family support / Case work
- Special needs / additional needs / disability care / support
- Current or willing to obtain:
- CPR, First Aid Certificate, Asthma & Anaphylaxis Certificates
- Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- Police Check (issued within 6 months)
- Skills & Attributes:
- Resilient & Capable
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Exhibits a high level of accountability & confidentiality
- Diplomatic & resolve problems in a timely manner
- Reliable, proactive & child focused
- Aware of issues pertaining to child protection & children "at risk"
- Understand the requirements of mandatory reporting
- Ability to engage with people appropriately across a range of cultures
- Have access and basic computer skills to be able to complete and submit typed daily shift summaries
About Zest Care
Zest Care have been providing quality children's services into the homes of families for the past 16 years, providing education, care, early intervention & child protection services.
Zest Care works across NSW with families where a child’s well-being is at risk. Every family is unique and the risk may stem from a child, a parent (or guardian) or a combination of physical, mental and social factors.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours – Full time and Part time hours available
- Ongoing and casual placements available to suit you
- Great rates of pay (Above SCHADS Award)
- Ranging from $27.15 to 42.96 PH
- Penalty Rates
So, if you put children's education and well-being first and you want to truly contribute positively to a family's future then apply now!