Electrical Reliability Engineer (IN-4137638187) Rumford, Maine
The Electrical Reliability Engineer is responsible for tracking equipment failures and works to design solutions that will eliminate or reduce future failures. This person also works with the E/I crews to diagnose and resolve immediate issues with multiple systems.
• Working with area E/I personnel to diagnose and repair issues.
• Identifying predictive maintenance needs for planned outages including motors (AC and DC), starters, power systems, etc…
• Facilitating area predictive/preventative maintenance programs in SAP.
• Utilizing TAPROOT system for root cause failure analysis and formally document when applicable.
• Identifying and developing an engineered solution to repetitive failures.
• Working with area E/I supervisor and/or planner on day to day and long term issues that require engineered solutions.
• Working with area specialist on drive or instrumentation issues.
• Applying and expanding new technology and industry learning’s toward the work of equipment and process reliability improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent training and/or experience.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in the industrial electrical field.
• Prior paper machine or pulp mill experience a plus.
• Knowledge of different aspects of electronics in a pulp and paper facility including AC and DC Drives, PLC’s, DCS, power systems, MCC’s, motors (AC and DC), generators, and Instrumentation.
• Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects and issues.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels or personnel, both hourly and management.
• Previous knowledge of SAP, Microsoft office, Outlook, Excel, NFPA70E a plus.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and decision making skills, as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision making and other responsibilities.
• Must model Rumford Paper Companies values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect to others.
NEWPAGE CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER BUILDING A CAPABLE, COMMITTED, DIVERSE WORKFORCE.