Budget and Cost Accountant (7619BR) New York, New York
Specific job responsibilities include:
• Reporting and analysis of expenses (both Statutory and GAAP) for Executive Managment Committee and State Regulatory Agencies.
• Work with Corporate Area and Business Unit contacts to understand expense variances and ensure accurate reporting.
• Assists in the Cost Allocation process to ensure expenses are properly allocated to Business Units, Lines of Business and Subsidiaries.
• Assists in coordinating the Corporate Budgeting/Planning process.
• Assist in various ad hoc requests and special projects.
• Support the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
• Work closely with internal and external auditors as needed.
• Research various accounting policy and expense-related issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance with 6-8 years experience.
• Prior experience in the Budget and Planning for expenses.
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with various levels of management and internal customers.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
• Strong systems and technical skills.