GAAP Accountant (7741BR) Sleepy Hollow, New York
This challenging career opportunity is available in the GAAP Accounting Division of the Controller’s Department.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the preparation of financial results and providing analysis for the company’s executive management and Board of Directors.
• Perform quarterly trend analysis.
• Responsible for researching both accounting and non-accounting issues as required.
• Work closely with accounting professionals and the management team on various day-to-day activities within the department.
• Assist in the preparation of financial statements and corresponding footnote disclosures.
• Maintain general ledger and account reconciliations.
• Assist in the preparation of financial data in response to CFO/Controller requests.
• Assist in fulfilling ad-hoc requests and special projects as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
3+ years of work experience in a corporate environment
Strong Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Word, Powerpoint. Etc.) skills
Excellent verbal and written skills; must be able to effectively communicate with various level of management
Strong analytical skills
Ability to multi-task and deliver quality work products
Self-motivated with flexibility to work effectively in a team-oriented environment