Chief of Staff (Financial Operations and Administration) (7672BR) New York, New York
This challenging role, as a Chief of Staff will support and report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of New York Life Insurance Company. The qualified candidate would act as a strategic partner to the CFO and the finance leadership team to effectively achieve the goals and objectives for the Finance organization. This individual will be empowered to act on behalf of the CFO and will truly be a partner on all day-to-day operations. In addition, partner with CFO and management team to foster a more collaborate finance organization within the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT BE LIMITED TO:
• Provide overall support to the SVP, including oversight and management of all activities and workflow associated with the Senior Finance Leadership team (SFLT) including agendas and the facilitation of meetings.
• Support the senior finance leadership team in the organizational strategic planning and budgeting processes
• Support the CFO with monthly Executive management committee, Business Advisory, and Board of Director meetings
• Planning and execution of Finance initiatives and events such as town hall meetings, quarterly updates and staff meetings.
• Manage all internal and external communications from the CFO’s office.
• Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization.
• Act as the departmental Diversity and Inclusion Officer for Corporate Finance
• Partner closely with Human Resources as it relates to the compensation process, talent management, recruiting, performance management, rewards and recognition.
• Handle all decisions relating to facilities management for the department (office design, space/floor planning, etc..)
• Manage project tracking and CFOs daily priorities, providing status on all items, monitoring and reporting, as well as assisting with the day-to-day operations.
• Bachelors Degree required, Masters degree preferred
• 7-10 years minimum experience as a Chief of Staff or Administrative manager. Corporate Finance experience a plus
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and set priorities
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• High attention to detail with strong follow-up and decision making skills
• Flexibility in a fast-paced corporate environment
• Strong work ethic
• Team player with the ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and exercise good judgment and maturity
• Able to collaborate and establish strong relationships with all levels of the organization