Marketing Analyst, Cox Business (43305) Omaha, Nebraska
Marketing Analyst, Cox Business
Location: Omaha, NE
This role is the central driver of Marketing analytics in the field regions. Optimizes effectiveness of sales, product and marketing programs for all Cox Business products. Performs competitive analysis of marketing campaigns, customer base, pricing, market prospects and product performance. Generates and analyzes data and metrics to track, trend, develop and benchmark local marketing programs for overall effectiveness. Focuses on building business intelligence through primary and secondary research. Provides accurate and actionable information, using an array of profiling, segmentation, and modeling methodologies both internal and external. Manages results oriented research projects geared to adding value to our efforts by increasing efficiency, uncovering sales and upgrade potential, and strengthening our retention efforts.
Provides analytical support in a multifaceted and competitive market (supports catalogue of 2800 products in a market with 10-12 competitors). Analyzes impact of five different marketing/sales channels (Inbound Call Center, Outbound Telesales, Direct Sales, Third Party/Agents and E-Commerce). Provides analytical insights on longer term customer buying cycles (ranging from 15 to 30 days to 30 days to a year).
1. Collaborates with staff, management teams, and other departments to understand complex functional situations, methods and procedures to develop and maintain broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in various functional areas of the business.
2. Uses in-depth subject matter and functional expertise to influence and help client groups, customers and stakeholders identify high priorities and change business requirements and focus as needed.
3. Develop and track programs measuring sales related to local product and marketing activities by transforming data into actionable information.
4. Serve as liaison for marketing analytics, e.g. performs statistical and qualitative analysis from data warehouse and other systems across all sales channels.
5. Collects and analyzes all aspects of competitive market information and maintains easily-accessible data library. Analyzes data and reports information through Competitive Alerts.
6. Effectively communicates conclusions and recommendations for projected position in the marketplace. Provides recommendations on competitive strategy and tactics with Center.
7. Analyzes monthly competitive loss projections for each primary competitor based upon competitive intelligence updates and benchmarks them against budgeted goals and corporate projections.
8. Works closely with business partners to plan and develop local marketing campaigns and sales channel list management.
9. Responsible for presenting results with associated metrics to senior management and recommend future strategy and tactics.
10. Performs research-related training as appropriate.
11. Able to discern key strategic points of analysis and work to design and prepare detailed reports with charts and graphics
12. Conducts analyses in compliance with Center methodology; when possible, leverages existing tools, practices, and processes
13. Data extraction/data mining: Responsible for campaign data preparation and extraction across all sales channels, leveraging centralized propensity models, CAR/PAR, customer segmentation and associated data sets, LTV, etc. from center-based marketing analytics team.
14. Data modeling: Convert and transfer data to and from PC and Oracle-based data warehouse with accuracy and speed.
15. Prepare data processing requirements and mail campaign matrixes for use with campaign management software.
16. Serves as PoC to local marketing teams for data strategy and information science questions, e.g. numbers of customers, prospects, etc.
'BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred
'Requires strong knowledge of relational databases, preferably Informix/SQL server including experience with data analysis, report development, business metrics, quantitative methods, statistics, analyzing business operations, business process improvement, forecasting, SQL, Excel, Access, ASP.net, VBA, and database design/development.
'Demonstrated ability to build and maintain large databases of customer characteristics and mine that data to aid in marketing and pricing decisions.
'Demonstrated ability to summarize results in a clear, concise, and easy to understand format.
'Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
'Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and software and apply them to daily work demands.
'Able to synthesize and summarize the results of analysis for senior management in a clear and concise way Must have Able to build and maintain a large databases of customer characteristics and mine that data to aid in marketing and pricing decisions.
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.