Feedlot Cowboy (Land & Livestock- Grand View, ID) (1016) Grand View, Idaho
|Salary:||USD9 - USD10 per hour|
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Feedlot Cowboy position available in L&L - Simplot Livestock - Grand View, ID.
Assists in the care and treatment of feedlot cattle by performing the following duties.
• Monitor cattle by riding the feedlot pens on horseback in order to identify sick, injured, or stressed animals; removes the sick or injured cattle from pens in order to be medically treated.
• Assist with the receiving, unloading, sorting, and processing of cattle as assigned by the Feedlot and/or Cattle Manager.
• Assist in the medical treatment of sick or injured cattle by following an established medical-treatment plan provided by the Staff Veterinarian.
• Move cattle from pen to pen as instructed by the Cattle Manager and/or Lead Cowboy in order to rotate cattle according to production schedules.
• Train, shoe, feed, and medically treats horses in order to provide healthy, productive animals.
Knowledgeable in the areas of animal health and cattle conditions generally acquired with a minimum of four to five years related experience and/or training.
Starting at $9.00 per hour.
Grand View is an agricultural community on the Snake River. Just 50 miles from Silver City in the Owyhee Mountains, 12 miles from C. J. Strike Reservoir, and next to the National Birds of Prey Region.
• Click Apply Now if viewing this posting from the Simplot website OR
• Visit www.simplot.com/careers
• Click on Search Jobs & Apply
• Click on All open positions
• Apply to Job ID #1016-Feedlot Cowboy- (Land & Livestock-Grand View, ID)
Please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at or 1-877-878-7404.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*