Financial Planning Analyst (00210) Oakland, California
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst supports the strategic annual planning and forecasting process and helps with analyzing and reporting on Waypoint’s financials. The position helps develop performance metrics and comparative industry data; measures performance and identifies opportunities to drive revenues and profits.
Based in Oakland, CA, Waypoint Homes is Reinventing Renting™ by providing quality homes, great customer service, and rewarding leases that offer valuable benefits to our residents. Waypoint Homes’ mission is to be recognized as the leading brand in the emerging single family rental industry. Founded in 2008, Waypoint Homes has matured into a sector pioneer with a long-term focus on creating a superior brand in top markets across the U.S. Waypoint currently owns and manages thousands of homes in seven states and is rapidly expanding nationwide.
This position is responsible for preparing company’s Regional P&L reporting and other internal reporting and variance analyses and will help identify opportunities to continuously improve financial analysis system, processes and metrics. In addition, other responsibilities include ad-hoc analysis during month-ends and assisting regional and functional group heads with deep-dive into actual vs. budget variances.
· Assist the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis in the preparation and analysis of the Corporate Earnings Model
· Responsible for managing the Company's regional P&L and other internal reporting: Reconcile to various GL accounts (Revenues and G&A expenses), Company’s operational database, company model and provide valuable analytical guidelines and communicate with Chief Officers, Regional Vice Presidents, Regional Directors, Controllers, team members and other departments
· Perform analysis on various Key Operations metrics, profitability, G&A, headcount, FFO and margins
· Participate in general research on Waypoint’s peers in the real estate industry
· Analyze acquisition opportunities and assist with special projects as they arise
· Various other analysis and duties as assigned
· Minimum 3-4 year experience, preferably in real estate finance
· Prior Big 4 audit experience a plus
· Perceptive, self-starter with excellent problem solving abilities
· Able to juggle several projects at once and know how to prioritize deadlines
· Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines in a demanding, change-oriented, fast-paced environment
· Excellent presentation skills - written and verbal
· Strong computer skills (Excel and other MS Office applications)
· Yardi and Salesforce experience a plus
· B.A. degree in Accounting or Finance
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Organized and have good attention to detail