Director of Infrastructure (00250) Oakland, California
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Director of Infrastructure plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the Waypoint infrastructure team. This team evaluates, designs, implements and supports all computing hardware, network architecture, phone systems, and data storage relating to the Waypoint corporate environment.
• Supports the use and maintenance of technology within the enterprise by providing direct system support, planning and consulting services.
• Coordinates cross-departmental software systems; manages infrastructure to meet availability, access, and performance requirements.
• Develops and coordinates a technology training plan and conducts periodic progress reviews with staff.
• Analyzes the utilization of technology formulating recommendations to improve service delivery by optimizing the use of existing technology and identifying new technology for implementation.
• Perform daily checks on all critical systems and devices.
• Configure, manage and insure integrity of all system backup and restore processes
• Interface with telecommunications services providers regarding service outages, restoration times, root cause identification
• Collaborates closely with IT team leads to assess and coordinate Waypoint’s technology needs.
• Helps establish department priorities and efficiently manages workload
• Manage the status of all assigned projects including completion dates and associated costs.
• Initiate, enhance and enforce Information Services standards and procedures with regard to
• Foster the prudent use of technical resources and strive for an optimal balance between cost and benefit.
• Provide capacity management reporting for Network, Server and Data Storage assets on a quarterly basis to the CTO making recommendations to achieve controlled stable growth of the computing environments.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; Master's Degree preferred.
• Ten years experience in a major information services, including at least five years management experience.
• Experienced in virtual systems, cloud computing, database and network management.
• Comfortable directing the activities of other IT professionals and leaders
• Confident having conversations with executives and managers
• Experienced in managing large, complex, multi-level infrastructures
• Professional with strong oral and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of server environments
• Working knowledge of virtualized environments
• Working knowledge of advanced networks (voice and data)