Complaint Handler (Req/455492) Kingston Upon Hull, England
Job title: Complaints Handler
Start date: November
Salary: £16,986 per annum
Hours: 35 hour week, 09.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday
Do you have a proven background of complaints handling and dealing with complex queries over the telephone?
Do you have the ability to calm a customer down and deal with a complaint from start to finish?
In the Complaints Handler job, you will handle escalated complaints over the telephone from customers and work with individual complaint cases. You will be able to show empathy and understanding of the customer’s situation whilst also using your own skills to analyse a situation and come to a decision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
• Ensuring written complaints are proactively handled and responded to in accordance with internal procedures, time frames and regulatory requirements whilst ensuring they are drafted in a clear and concise format with the appropriate use of grammar and English.
• Liaising with internal and external customers, verbally and in writing, to handle and resolve complex complaints and provide support and guidance to the business in this respect.
• Proactively escalating risks and issues arising from customer and client complaints, as appropriate, whilst identifying and driving learning and improvements to prevent similar complaints arising in the future.
The successful candidate must demonstrate natural investigatory skills and an ability to understand a complaint. Candidates will show confidence in communicating cross-functionally, be highly proficient in letter writing and show a customer-centric and compliance-focused approach to work. Applicants should be comfortable working in a target driven and performance-focused environment.
In return as a Complaints Handler you will benefit from:
• 23 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 25 days (plus bank holidays) at 3 years’ service, and 27 days (plus bank holidays) after 8 years’ service
• Colleague retail & entertainment discount scheme – discounts at over 100 high street retailers
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Private medical insurance
• Employee assistance programme
• Life insurance
• Long service awards
• Colleague of the month scheme
• Recommend a friend scheme
• Retail voucher rewards for going the extra mile
• Comprehensive induction training and on-going support
• Regular training and education to ensure you’re always up to date
• Opportunities to study for a Modern Apprenticeship
Interested? Then contact our recruitment team today to find out more and to secure an immediate interview. Click to apply!