HR Assistant (PCK593-9801) Colonsay, Canada
|Salary:||GBP0 - GBP1 per year|
Who is Mosaic? The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values? We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Assistant at our Colonsay, SK location. The successful candidate is responsible for maintaining all site HR data and employee records, supporting HR and site leadership inquiries and reporting needs, and working with People Leaders and employees to understand and utilize HR self-service tools as appropriate. In addition, this person will work with the on-site Human Resources team, site leadership and employees to provide a culture that supports innovation and continuous improvement.
What will you be working on?
- HR System Data Support: Responsible for accurately maintaining all site level HR data including time and attendance, employee job changes, job bidding and onboarding. Support HR and site leadership data inquiries, ensuring reports are accurate and timely. Work with People Leaders and employees to understand and utilize HR self-service tools as appropriate. Maintain confidential employee information, records and files.
- Employee Relations: Develop and maintain relationships with employees including salaried, hourly and contract employees. Assist with new hire/transfer orientations. Assist employees in understanding benefits plans, coordinate benefits enrollment and provide general support on employee inquiries. Work with HR Managers and Benefits Specialist, to resolve issues.
- Administrative Support: Provide administrative support to all aspects of HR including assisting in the coordination of benefit related issues, payroll data, job changes, employee guidance on company policies and procedures, and training. Track all Environmental Health and Safety documents and ensure they are turned in timely. Assist with the administration/implementation of the engagement process. Work on miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Perform backup roles for other human resources requirements, including the use of Mosaic-owned or licensed technology, and dealing with the administrative functions surrounding hiring and termination of employees.
What is required for this role?
- Business Certificate or Diploma preferred majoring in Human Resources or Labour Relations.
- 3+ years of experience in HR support role required.
- Experience in an industrial union environment preferred .
- Knowledge of internal payroll processes and applicable legislation.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Experience with HRIS systems and KRONOS is preferred.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!