Project Cost Analyst (PCK593-10561) Esterhazy, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Project Cost Analyst at our Esterhazy, SK location. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Project Services Lead, the Project Cost Analyst will be responsible for the execution of the project management cost system and the management reporting for capital spending of the entire Esterhazy location. The Project Cost Analyst will work closely with the Engineering team and the Construction Superintendents of all facilities and be the central point of contact for all financial and costing issues related to the Esterhazy Asset Strategies and Engineering project portfolio.
What will you be working on?
- Project Planning & Analysis: Configures, maintains, and administers the cost control system and ensures effective interfaces between the components of the system to assure the best quality of data is being conveyed to the site management team. Assists in the development of the work breakdown structures (WBS) as a basis for project budgeting and forecasting. Prepares and analyzes project budgets; monitors all expenditures and projected spending and commitments made against the project budgets as well as transforms project schedules and construction plans into financial forecasts. Develops the monthly accruals for finance to reflect total project spend.
- Cost Reporting: Produces weekly and monthly project status/cost reports for Senior management and operations. Captures and records forecast performance variances and the reasons for the variance. Strategize, fabricate and activate a plan to close the variance gaps. Advises site management on project portfolio gaps to support strategic decisions on site priorities for capital resources.
- Manage the Trends Register: Maintain a register of cost risks (threats and opportunities) and ensure that this is regularly updated based on the latest information from the Construction Superintendents and the Contracts Coordinator. Monitor and advise when the probability of the risks may be realized and commence an appropriate remedial action plan based on proper project management methodologies.
- Review and Analyze Changes to Project Plans: Reviews and approves all project change orders/notifications, budget transfers and contingency requests to ensure projects are within budget. Initiates contingency memos and supplemental requests to ensure projects are in compliance with capital policy.
- Provide Leadership and Guidance: Partners with the Asset Strategies and Engineering team and site management team to provide financial and construction expertise to develop both short term and long term capital project plans and strategies
What is required for this role?
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Major in Accounting, Finance or Engineering preferred.
- P. Eng, CPA, CMA or CGA is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience at increasing levels of finance, project controls or engineering. Those candidates without a bachelor’s degree will require 5+ years of experience.
- Experience in finance or operations of an international mining company is a definite plus; however, any product-based experience in a similarly scaled entity is acceptable.
- Candidate must be proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment and be an advanced Microsoft Excel user Experience with SAP and Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels within the organization
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities
- Strong decision making skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills
- Think creatively with an ability to create innovative solutions
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic’s pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today at http://www.mosaicco.com/careers