Executive Compensation Specialist (PCK593-9605) Plymouth, Minnesota
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Executive Compensation Specialist?
We are currently seeking an Executive Compensation Specialist for our Plymouth, MN location. The Executive Compensation Specialist is responsible for the management of the Long-Term Incentive Program, Deferred Compensation Program and Executive Benefits/ Perquisites Program. Responsibilities will include program administration, communication, reporting, vendor management, and tier 3 issue resolutions. Other primary duties include the collection, analysis and reporting of executive compensation market reference data needed to support management’s recommendations to the Mosaic Compensation Committee.
What will you do?
- LTI Program Management: Annual and new hire equity or cash-based awards to executives and other recipients in multiple countries. Process owner of LTI administration including capture, approval and loading of award recommendations. Daily oversight of equity award exercise activity, reporting of stock-based compensation and reconciliation of outstanding awards for accounting purposes. Tier 3 support for participant questions regarding awards or transactions, primary Mosaic contact with outsourced stock plan system provider and liaison to Legal and Finance for stock plan reporting needs and trading policy requirements. Communication, compliance and tax reporting of LTI program awards and related stock transactions.
- Stock Plan Outsourcing Administration:Provide project support as the internal subject matter expert for 4-5 month implementation of data conversion and system configuration of the Charles Schwab employee portal, plan manager portal and recordkeeping system, which includes:
- Developing globally compliant process and procedures for the establishment of employee brokerage accounts and the issuance of Mosaic stock or proceeds from the sale of stock.
- Coordinating business requirement requests by Accounting, Tax, Legal and HR Service Delivery to ensure proper integration of solution needs consistent with project deliverables and program objectives.
- Loading stock awards into stock administration system.
- Overseeing vendor relationship with stock plan administrator.
- Reviewing stock transactions and ensuring outstanding awards and stock transactions and their financial implications are communicated to the Finance/Accounting groups.
- Ensuring compliance for stock awards as well as appropriate taxation for exercised awards.
- Providing tier 2 support for stock-related issues.
- Executive Compensation Analysis: Creation and management of global executive compensation database for senior executives and key employees. Gathering and interpretation of compensation survey and proxy data for use in benchmarking all elements of total compensation – base salary, short-term incentives, long-term incentives, executive benefits and perquisites. Monitoring of Comparator Group company changes in executive compensation program and compensation of named executive officers. Collection and reporting of Mosaic executive compensation information needed for the Compensation Disclosure and Analysis report within the annual proxy statement. Support of reports and other materials for Mosaic Compensation Committee meetings.
- Executive Benefits/ Perquisites Program: Management of executive life, disability, financial planning, physicals and deferred compensation plans. Program administration, enrollment, reporting, communication, compliance and oversight of vendor-provided services. Oversee or handle all aspects of participant transactions including requests or claims for benefits, periodic distributions, investment changes, payroll deduction changes and tax reporting of distributions or company-provided coverages. Create and review plan and program content for use on employee website and vendor portals. Single point of contact for all program questions from executives and key employees, Tier 3 support for employee claims or issues.
- Miscellaneous Projects: Other projects as assigned.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Major in Business, Economics, or Human Resources preferred.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and Certified Equity Professional designations preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in compensation roles with for-profit, large companies (preferably public), to include executive compensation, perquisites and benefits.
- Direct management of equity-based compensation plan administration, including disclosure, stock transactions, taxation, accounting and communication of stock awards.
- Candidate must be proficient in a Microsoft Office environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project)Experience with Ceridian HRIS is preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills, including excellent presentation and facilitation skills,
- Strong research skills.
- Proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively work and create effective partnerships with employees at all levels within the organization and with third-party vendors.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to executives.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and work independently.
- Ability to play a consultative role and deliver innovative results.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform other job functions. Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!