Sr Programmer Analyst (PCK537-6136) Green Bay, Wisconsin
Job ID: 2387 Position Description: Integrys Business Support, a subsidiary of Integrys Energy Group, is currently recruiting for a Sr. Programmer Analyst for our office in Chicago, IL or Green Bay, WI. This position reports to the Manager – eBusiness Development.
- Coach: Coach/mentor others on coding, testing, implementation, technology, emerging trends, business processes, and a balanced view of corporate strategy. Interact in a constructive manner with co-workers in order to create a synergy to develop business solutions.
- Analysis: Independently analyze complex business problems by communicating with current and future process users. Document findings and communicate findings through written documents and models to stakeholders. The analysis tasks include understanding and researching functionality and applicable technology of both potentially new applications/packages and new releases of existing applications/packages. Engage other areas (Technical Support, Operations, ESI, ES&C, etc.) in initial analysis phases to identify infrastructure and support needs.
- Design & Customize: Solve business problems by designing and customizing computer applications that will meet the business requirements by utilizing best practices, corporate standards and technology. Determine and outline multiple approaches and recommend best option.
- On-Going Support & Enhancements: Provide ongoing support and enhancements to computer applications or packages which includes: diagnosing problems, researching possible solutions, determining effects on the entire process, coding, thoroughly testing, documenting, and implementing. This includes setting up business processes within a package, customizations to packages/applications, interfaces to other applications, system testing, troubleshooting and correcting problems within the implementation phase of new package/application installation or new releases of an existing package/application. Proactively monitor and continually enhance performance of application.
- Manage Tasks/Projects: Manage daily priorities, support efforts, small projects or phases of a larger project utilizing the Project Management methodology.
Position Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related field
- 1+ year of experience mentoring, coaching, guiding or providing work direction to others.
- 3+ years of experience independently managing own daily priorities and tasks resulting from support or project activities.
- 5+ years of experience in all application development concepts including analysis, design, programming, and testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong experience developing web applications and a working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) techniques and design.
- Strong experience developing web applications using the following technologies/tools: Visual Studio .NET, ASP.NET, VB.NET, and the .NET Framework.
- Experience in creating SOAP and REST based web services.
- Strong SQL and analytical skills.
- Strong markup language skills (HTML, XML, CSS).
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. (NYSE: TEG) is a Fortune 1,000 company focused on delivering energy and related services to more than 2 million customers in the U.S. Our subsidiaries, with nearly 5,000 employees, are creating a premier and growing energy company. We have exciting career opportunities that will reward energetic people who help us meet the challenge!
All qualified candidates, including minorities, women, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.