Inside Sales Researcher (REE0020D) Lombard, Illinois
Join an achievement driven team that is instrumental in helping our company deliver the highest quality construction project information and market intelligence to the architectural, engineering, and construction industry. See our company website to learn about our exciting products and information services.
The primary responsibility of this role is to engage with potential and current sources of construction project information in the architectural, engineering, and construction industry for the purpose of generating project content for our market leading information products.
Reporting to the Source Relationship Manager, the Inside Sales Researcher will support our company-wide objective to meet the markets demand for insightful project information by meeting and exceeding similar personal data acquisition goals.
Excellent opportunity for recent college or architectural graduates or veterans!
- Contact data and information sources (Architectural firms, General Contractors, Private Owners, or Public Entities) to establish relationships, and acquire or verify project information.
- Research project leads and develop new sources of project leads through cold-calling techniques.
- Lead prospective project data and information providers into active sources by building effective relationships over the phone.
- Insures that appropriate redistribution rights is adhered to and obtained. Requests permission to acquire Bid Documents for projects owned by information source.
- Support the company in achieving its strategy by obtaining valuable data in the pre-design stages
- Use your underlying talent and self-starter style to prioritize your work day to exceed performance requirements.
- Obtain critical information for our customers by obtaining plans, specs, and bid documents
- Collaborates with other Source Relationship staff to release information that meets the requirements of the business.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and internal partners to problem solve data cases.
- Enters data and updates information in proprietary database.
- Staying abreast of market and key players to provide accurate data that is beneficial to clients.
- Develop an understanding how data is consumed by customers.
- Perform all other functions as assigned
A successful candidate will:
- High School Diploma; College degree preferred
- Must have 2+ years business administration or operations experience with successfully generating new business over the telephone. Cross-boundary industry experience could include recruiting, interviewing, inside sales, telemarketing, and customer service
- Have the desire to build relationships with professionals in the construction industry
- Be an active listener with strong skills; as well as an excellent communicator, verbally and in writing
- Be comfortable asking questions in ambiguous situations using your persuasion and negotiating skills to close the call
- Collaborative skill set
- Have excellent planning, organization, time management and administration skills
- Be proficient in MS Office products and have good data entry skills
A successful candidate may:
- Possess a college degree
- Have strong business-to-business sales experience
- Be comfortable attending industry events
Location: Lombard, IL and Norcross, GA
About Reed Construction Data
Reed Construction Data (Reed) is a subsidiary of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information and online workflow solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal, Risk Information and Analytics, and Business Sectors. Reed is a key unit of the Business sector, reporting into Reed Business Information headquartered in the UK. The Reed division is a leading provider of construction information and analytics. Our portfolio of information products and services is designed specifically to help construction industry professionals advance their business with timely and accurate project and cost data which advances our customers strategic decisions toward profitable growth. We have a workforce of 500 + highly valued employees and we recognize that our success as a company depends upon the people who passionately contribute their abilities to the business of Reed.
For More Information
We realize that selecting your next employer is important to you and your career development. If you meet our qualifications for this exciting role, or for more information about Reed Construction Data, please visit our company website at www.reedconstructiondata.com.
Equal Opportunity Employment M/F/D/V. RCD is committed to promoting a diverse workforce and strives to create a work environment that respects individuals and their contributions, and fosters innovation