Accounts Payable Specialist (REE002EU) Norcross, Georgia
Join an entrepreneurial team whose market intelligence strategy is at the forefront of our company’s growth plans. We’re focused on changing mindsets in the construction industry information market and have a new and critical role within our finance department for an Accounts Payable Clerk.
Reporting to the Finance Director your responsibility will be to compile and maintain accounts payable records, track and monitor payments, and perform accounts payable duties.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will support our company’s finance department in accounts payable , invoice approval , to oodelivering financial reporting, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting to enable our growth and new product development such as our latest product, cūbus, a dynamic new market intelligence solution that delivers unmatched visibility into the construction market. cūbus gives customers the power to confidently advance their company’s strategic decisions.
The primary responsibility of this role is to compiles and maintains accounts payable records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Enters invoice batches into system.
- Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks.
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Acts as liaison between corporate office and other finance roles.
- Answers all vendor inquiries and resolves payment issues.
- Tracks and monitors payments.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Prepares cleared checks for storage.
- Assembles and processes overnight shipments to branches.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Performs filing and coping.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in accounts payable
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to interact with external/internal customers.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Follow-up and follow through.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer service—the individual manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
About Reed Construction Data
Reed Construction Data (RCD) is a subsidiary of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information and online workflow solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal, Risk Information and Analytics, and Business Sectors. RCD is a key unit of the Business sector, reporting into Reed Business Information headquartered in the United Kingdom. The RCD division is a leading provider of construction information and analytics. Our portfolio of information products and services is designed specifically to help construction industry professionals advance their business with timely and accurate project and cost data which advances our customers strategic decisions toward profitable growth. We have a workforce of 500 + highly valued employees and we recognize that our success as a company depends upon the people who passionately contribute their abilities to the business of Reed Construction Data.
Salaries / Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that will provide you with significant opportunities and advantages. You may choose from a wide menu of options including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) options including an employer match, retirement benefits, flexible spending accounts, generous paid time off, and holiday time. You are eligible for many of our health benefits from your first day of employment.
For More Information
We realize that selecting your next employer is important to you and your career development. If you meet our qualifications for this exciting role, or for more information about Reed Construction Data, please visit our company website at www.reedconstructiondata.com.
To apply online, click on the following link: www.reedconstuctiondata.com/careers
RCD is committed to promoting a diverse workforce and strives to create a work environment that respects individuals and their contributions, and fosters innovation.