With a unique network of offices and international sales promoters, our market reach is extensive: in 2012 seven million participants attended our events.
We have a growing portfolio of 500 events in 39 countries, including trade and consumer exhibitions, conferences and meetings, ranging across 44 industry sectors – from aerospace and aviation to beauty and cosmetics to sports and recreation.
Reed Exhibitions delivers contacts, content and communities with the power to transform your business.
Reed Exhibitions is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Responsible for creating and maintaining project schedules, speaker databases, speaker correspondence, acting as a liaison with speakers and maintaining conference, association, and special events files, databases and correspondence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for creating and maintaining all conference databases and files.
2. Work with Director and Conference Manager to write promotional copy and coordinate with marketing department to produce conference promotional pieces, including quarterly newsletter.
3. Assist the Director in creating and maintaining association databases and files.
4. Responsible for development, distribution, and follow-up on return of speaker kits for biographical information, session descriptions, Audio-visual requests, and other speaker requirements.
5. Maintain speaker files and perform data entry of speaker information.
6. Maintain monthly contact with speakers - by telephone and in writing.
7. Coordinate and produce conference proceedings, handle all post show sales and inquiry fulfillment.
8. Maintain contact and follow-up with telemarketers.
9. Maintain call for participation/speaker files, including any prospective speakers and inquiries.
10. Coordinate call for participation/newsletter/speaker mailings.
11. Route to the team all promotional pieces to me sent out.
12. Maintain up-to-date files of in-house and competitive conference pieces.
13. Liaison with registration for speaker registrations.
14. Responsible for smooth running of the speaker office on-site.
15. Interface with web site vendor and ensure all conference program information on the web site is accurate and up-to-date.
BA/BS degree or equivalent business training or experience preferred.
Good organizational skills, computer word-processing, database and spreadsheet skills, pleasant telephone manner, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and work independently.
Two or more years of progressively responsible experience, preferably within a corporate environment.