Title: Corporate Governance and SEC Paralegal
Reporting to: General Counsel (with direction from Senior Corporate Governance Paralegal)
Location: Burr Ridge, IL
Individual to work in the Corporate Governance division of the Law Department as a paralegal on corporate and securities law matters, including all aspects of Board and Shareholder meetings, securities regulation and management of corporate legal records. Interfaces with executive level personnel, government agencies, and corporate service providers, including outside counsel worldwide. Position assists in providing technical and operational support for the Corporate Secretarial Function within the Legal Department to ensure that all applicable legal requirements and the Companys business needs are met. Duties and responsibilities of position are generally carried out under the supervision of Global or Regional General Counsel or Secretary of the Company. Within that framework, typical decision making authority pertains to prioritization of workflow and the determination of the appropriate data to be included in corporate documents, communications or legal filings.
The position is located in CNHs offices in Bur Ridge, IL and reports to the General Counsel (with direction from Senior Corporate Governance Paralegal).
Collect and disseminate corporate governance information to other departments within the company, acting as primary initial point of contact for internal corporate governance matters.
Responsible for preparation and filing of all Form 6-K SEC Filings, as well as assisting with preparation of Form 20-F and annual shareholder meeting matters.
Assist in preparation and distribution of materials for board of directors meetings.
Assist with corporate governance matters for the public company board and committees.
Assure compliance with notifications to NYSE and Safe Harbor filings.
Responsible for assuring Parent company is compliant with Dutch Trade Register requirements including Board of Directors and Executive Officer registration and disclosure.
Responsible for Directors' Compensation Plan including updates and distribution of plan documents, processing of stock option exercises, tracking quarterly compensation elections, calculation of quarterly compensation including disbursements of funds and collection of taxes due, and disbursement of compensation. Liaise with Dutch tax authority/professionals on behalf of directors regarding tax matters.
Responsible for determination of issued and outstanding common shares of public company.
Process Special Purpose Entities Board of Directors compensation distribution and reimbursements.
- Associates Degree in related field and a Paralegal Certificate from ABA Certified program, Bachelors Degree Preferred.
- Required 5+ years of corporate paralegal experience in a corporate legal department with extensive experience in corporate governance and/or SEC matters.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of legal database systems preferred.
- Previous experience with multi-country operations is a material benefit.
- An above-average amount of independent thinking required
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines is a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication and inter-personal skills required.
- Westlaw, Lexis-Nexis, and Lawtrac experience a plus.