Director, Segment Marketing (40672) Atlanta, Georgia
Location: Field (any Cox System location) or Atlanta
The Director, Segment Marketing holds a key role in setting the strategy and marrying the needs of Cox customer segments to the value proposition of Cox products. Specifically, this role will be evaluated based on revenue growth by customer segment, penetration of designated products by customer segment, and share growth within targeted segments. The individual in this position will be required to work closely with the acquisition/retention marketing teams, product marketing and product development groups; sales channel team, as well as the pricing and analytics team.
Strategic program development
1. Identification and definition of customer target segments, and their needs, desires, buying behavior, and trends
2. Partner with acquisition team on segment specific campaigns, marketing strategy, and communication plans to ensure targeting and consistent messaging
3..Prioritize segment opportunities based on existing performance metrics, customer ROI and alignment with objectives
4. Develop senior management strategy presentations and talking points
Operational consistency and implementation
5. Design multi-pronged approach using various mediums to coordinate all customer interactions both within target segment and across target segments
6. Analyze, test, and implement new and innovative marketing strategies to enhance targeting and offer strategies for all segments
7. Create business case in combination with product teams for the development of new products and services that attract specific target segments
Leadership and cross-functional team player
8. Partner with pricing and analytics group to identify and understand target segment behaviors, patterns, requirements, and price elasticity
9. Partner with product development team to translate segment needs into specific product enhancements and changes
10. Influence and indirectly manage the execution of segment strategy and plans by segment teams within the field
11. Integrate with other marketing functional areasincluding creative services, product marketing, research, marketing sciences, operations, and outside vendors (i.e., advertising agency, media agency) - to maximize sales and revenue/profitability within targeted segments
12. Manage a team across multiple geographies
Reports to SVP, Field Marketing
. Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Advanced business degree preferred
. 5+ years of relevant customer focused Segment Marketing experience
. Experience developing CRM programs is an asset in this role
. Experience implementing segment insights in a competitive marketplace preferred
. Combination of creative and analytical skills
. Strong communication skills
. Strong customer focus and understanding of industry dynamics, and trends
. Willingness to travel up to 30% of time and comfort working with peer groups remotely
This role requires competency in leading strategically, leading change, aligning performance for success, delegating responsibility, coaching and developing, and information monitoring.
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
To learn more about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.