Quality Engineer (QE - KY) Minneapolis, Minnesota
|Salary:||USD65000 - USD75000 per year + bonus|
Core Responsibilities: Quality Engineer
- As an APQP and PPAP team leader, develop Process Flow Diagram, Process FMEA, Control Plan, operation and inspection instructions and procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and the company throughout the APQP process from initial design review to successful PPAP submission.
- Respond to, research, determine root cause, develop and implement corrective actions for customer complaints.
- Support the production process by handling all aspects of supplier quality including evaluation, development and corrective actions.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality systems are maintained in accordance with the TS16949, AS9100 and ISO 9000 standards and as well as incorporating customer specific requirements and reviewed annually.
- Will recommend, develop, implement and audit systems, procedures and changes.
Required Skills: Quality Engineer
Qualifications: Quality Engineer
- Proficient in quality application tools including SPC, APQP, PPAP (process flow, FMEA, Control plans, Gage R&R, Capability analysis), DOE, ISO9000, and TS16949 requirements.
- Must have experience developing corrective actions utilizing the 8D methodology.
- Must be analytical and possess a strong aptitude for DETAIL.
- Highly evolved verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience developing, implementing and auditing effective quality procedures and processes.
- Must have good customer relations and communication skills.
- Must be “change agent” and thrive in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of AS9100, implementing SPC software, six sigma, lean, internal auditing, team leading and facilitation are all desired but we are very willing to train the right candidate.
Required Experience: Quality Engineer
- 1 – 3 years experience in Quality Engineering (certified internal auditor a plus). Proven ability to tackle projects independently.