Quality Manager (QM - MN) Bloomington, Minnesota
|Salary:||USD75000 - USD100000 per year + bonus|
- A leadership role in the definition, documentation and review of functional group strategies and supporting tactics within the business units in support of overall corporate objectives.
- Leadership of the Quality Assurance Systems by means of: Leading the development and documentation of procedures, maintaining critical quality related databases for COQ information and corrective actions, performing and supporting regular ISO-9001, TS-16949, AS-9100 and all other applicable audits, providing weekly and monthly status updates and communicating regularly with Senior Management.
- Achievement of quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing productivity, quality and customer service standards and measures; identifying and resolving problems; scheduling and completing internal audits; leadership of system improvements; and leading the implementation of change.
- Support product development and improvement teams through leadership and contribution of lean and efficient operations including, product improvements, process and procedural improvements, simplification of design, design safety, environmental concerns, margin improvements and product rationalization.
- Maintaining vigilant awareness of business unit needs, requirements and expectations relative to customer requirements, product quality and company profitability. Support margin improvement efforts to reduce overall product costs while maintaining uncompromising quality.
- Updated job knowledge by studying trends and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Work with various engineering groups to define, document and implement company EN standards related to the development or refinement of existing and new products to ensure consistent manufacturability.
- Assume a leadership role with customers, suppliers and 3rd party assessors assuming responsibility for leading resolution to complaints by ensuring that effective corrective and preventative actions are in place.
- Meeting quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; and analyzing variances for improvements.
- Enhance The Company, reputation, leading by example and accepting ownership by exploring all opportunities to add value within the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS: Quality Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Technology, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or relevant technical degree
- 7-10 years relevant experience within manufacturing quality environment
- Demonstrated successful project and team leadership and management expertise
- Travel estimated at 10% with travel to Plants, customers, and suppliers
COMPENTANCIES: Quality Manager
- Working knowledge of Quality information and documentation systems
- Ability to provide positive leadership in planning long term objectives and directing initiation and application of quality systems and technologies and their related policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of ISO/TS quality systems with internal auditor experience and ability to apply these principles within Donaldson
- American Society for Quality Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) highly desirable
- Proven progressive learning and application of quality technologies