Field Service Technician - Bowie, Maryland (533) Bowie, Maryland
JOB TITLE Field Service Technician
REPORTING TO Field Customer Service Manager
Location Bowie, Maryland
JOB TYPE Full-time
START DATE Immediate
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a Field Service Technician, you will be responsible for the managing all aspects of total customer service and care at existing clients. This will include troubleshooting and repair of cash-dispensing and sorting equipment; daily scheduling and time management of all accounts assigned; tracking and management of parts/tools; and staying abreast of changes in technical and functional elements of current or legacy Talaris equipment.
* Diagnose system problems in minimal time and make repairs.
* Make recommendations for improving the service, reliability and performance of our equipment.
* Keep customer apprised of progress during remedial maintenance or during a down system situation.
* Gather and record machine information at regular intervals to monitor performance.
* Escalate solving technical problems by seeking timely advice or assistance from technical support when necessary.
* Handle customers in a professional manner during difficult high-pressure situations.
* Document system problems and preventative maintenance in customer site log.
* Establish preventative maintenance schedules and perform according to company specifications.
* Ensure overall customer satisfaction.
* Responsible for assisting with repair and installation of machines, as well as Engineering Change Notices that affect current systems and upgrades. Hardware or software upgrades may require technical assistance or unusual or complex systems.
* Support ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18000 activities and seek continued improvement of procedures and practices that reduce costs while maintaining or enhancing customer satisfaction, quality and service.
* Support and facilitate involvement of company initiatives.
* Any other job responsibilities as assigned by management.
PERSON SPECIFICATION AND CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
* Associates Degree or equivalent work experience as outlined in the job specification.
* Understanding of AC/DC power distribution.
* Trained in the maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical machines.
* Understanding of digital and analog circuitry.
* Ability to work with electric schematics, logic diagrams and mechanical drawings.
* Logical trouble shooting skills and capability to isolate problems at PCB or component level.
* Working knowledge in the operations of personal computers especially Microsoft Office, navigation across network sites and email communication.
* Working knowledge of DOS and windows.
* 3-5 years of technical field experience preferably in high-speed paper handling machines such as check sorters, mail sorters,currency sorters, ATM's or copier machines.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Hold a Valid Drivers License.
* Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds without assistance.
* Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, as well as be able to frequently kneel, bend, squat, sit and twist.
* Ability to work weekends on a rotational basis once every three to five weeks.
* Ability to work on certain holidays to accommodate business needs.
* Travel within your assigned territory is required, with occasional travel outside your assigned territory (up to 40%); on an as-needed basis as well.
* Ability to accommodate limited accessibility at a job site, including the ability to work in confined spaces in around our equipment.
* Excellent customer service and communication skills.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / An E-Verify Employer
It is the policy of Talaris Inc. to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law at the Talaris location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, all Talaris locations are affirmative action employers.