Senior Manager, Insights and Market Research (PCK336-45051) New York, New York
The Department: The Consumer & Market Intelligence Team (CMI) provides consumer and market information that facilitates management decision-making on broad strategic as well as tactical day-to-day marketing and business issues. CMI uses a wide variety of research techniques and tools. As a business partner, CMI leverages insights pertaining to the Consumer, Shopper and Market to aid in category and brand strategies as well as Go-To-Market and In-Market strategies.
Job Summary: L’Oreal (assume name will be omitted) is looking for a creative, analytically driven, and collaborative team member to help lead the day-to-day management of our primary syndicated supplier and better leverage market insights tools by providing Best Practices for the organization and developing thoughtful, actionable analyses that impact Go-To-Market Strategies. He/she will have the vision, structured thinking and business savvy to help syndicated data be utilized as a competitive advantage for the organization. The position primarily supports the C-Suite, Divisional Senior Management, Marketing and Finance.
Key Job Accountabilities:
· Lead day-to-day management of primary syndicated research supplier (IRI/Nielsen) and support team.
· Partner with syndicated supplier to develop Best Practices in the use and application of data.
· Evaluate new leading edge capabilities and assess ongoing company data needs.
· Lead new product coding process for organization.
· Lead development and compilation of corporate reports/analyses for CEO, C-Suite, and Senior Management.
· Manage forecasting initiative for organization.
Analysis and Insights
· Initiate, develop and conduct analyses, and make actionable recommendations for organization that impact Go-To-Market strategies.
· Exceptional project and time management skills (the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting and conflicting priorities and deadlines)
· Excellent presentation and verbal/written communication skills, with ability to synthesize complex information for broader audience
· Excellent client service skills
· Takes initiative, anticipates client needs/issues and works proactively to address them
· Self-motivated and able to operate independently, as well as work effectively with others
· Ability and drive to work in a fast paced environment, tolerance for business ambiguity; the ability to thrive under quickly changing situations; adaptable, with ability to meet short turnaround times.
· Deep understanding of business practices and knowledge of the CPG industry
· Ability to leverage and integrate data from multiple data sources to develop insights and strategies which impact business and/or anticipate changes in the marketplace.
· Ability to manage external suppliers and ensure top value and performance for organization
Preferred Key Experiences:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 8+ years experience in corporate/client or supplier side role utilizing scanner data(IRI/Nielsen scanner data
· Prior work experience at IRI or Nielsen is required
· Proven track record of designing, executing and successfully delivering integrated IRI/ Nielsen scanner and household panel analyses
· Experience with IRI/Nielsen household panel data preferred.
· Experience with large IRI/Nielsen databases.
· Prior forecasting experience preferred.