Manager - Digital PR (PCK336-42995) New York, New York
Job Description- Manager Digital (Media and PR), Matrix Professional Products
Overview: This position will be responsible for internal and external Media and PR initiatives for Matrix, including proactive and reactive public relations, media planning, trade show and local market events for both trade and consumer media. In addition, this role needs to liaise on a daily basis with other groups within Matrix Marketing and Sales to ensure our initiatives are fully integrated and communicated to the press, and across Matrix and L’Oreal. Several years of Professional Products Industry experience is preferred, and a background in Media and PR planning is required. In addition, someone comfortable with a fast-paced environment, juggling regularly shifting priorities, with a results-oriented approach, will be best poised for success. This position reports to the AVP Integrated Marketing Communications (Digital); manages the Assistant Manager Digital (Media and PR); oversees any agency relations and interfaces regularly with the VP of Marketing.
Advertising Media Responsibilities:
- Manage Trade and Consumer advertising activities to maximize Matrix exposure in the most cost-effective manner.
- Interface with brand teams to recommend and execute yearly media (print, broadcast and digital) plan.
- Oversee all trade and consumer advertising activities to ensure that all assets re in compliance with DMI guidelines.
- Work with Corporate Media Team to negotiate rates and placements of advertisements
- Act as a liaison between Matrix brand, Matrix creative operations, publications, graphic designers and ad producers
- Manage outside agencies to produce all assets and ensure that all materials are submitted to agencies or publications by required closing dates
- Manage media budget and regularly update flowcharts/budget summaries
- Key contact and liason with Salon Centric, BSG, Trade, Chains and all other for all of the publication needs
- Develop monthly media KPI reports based on overall plan
- Develop overall Trade and Consumer PR strategy including product launches, Artists, corporate initiatives and promoting Matrix Executives
- Work with Integrated Marketing Communication’s Teams on developing and executing all Social Strategies to include but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube
- Work with Integrated Marketing Communication’s and SEM/SEO agencies to ensure all key search words are incorporated into all PR/MEDIA/Digital (including social) stories/pitches
- Develop proactive pitch strategies surrounding latest lifestyle trends, Celebrities and Award Shows
- Develop and aggressive Credit, Publicity Value and Impression goals for the brand
- Primary responsibility for internal/external communications, including: Matrix Magazine, Matrix.com, MMF, Social Network Platforms, Communiqué, En Direct; Planet L'Oreal USA and other internal channels
- Daily contact with PR agency /Consultant to help manage projects and ensure coverage
- 7-10 years experience in Media and Public Relations; professional products experience preferred
- Bachelors’ degree required
- Intermediate to Advanced PC skills (MS Word, Microsoft Outlook Calendar & E-Mail, Excel, Power Point, internet)
- Excellent organizational skills with avid attention to detail and follow through.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent personal manner, outgoing personality, comfortable dealing with many external contacts and representing Matrix to the media and other influencers in a positive light