Pharmacy Technician (HEA0010A) Tampa, Florida
Position Summary: The Editorial Associate is responsible for inclusion and maintenance of drug product information including additions, discontinuations, and changes. The Editorial Associate will collect and accurately report product data through the Product Editorial Tools for the Gold Standard Drug Database and Clinical Pharmacology systems, as well as other special projects as determined by the Manager
- Create and edit drug product records in the Product Editorial tools for the Gold Standard Drug Database and Clinical Pharmacology systems according to the established procedure.
- Research and incorporate new products and product changes.
- Compare product data entered with source documents to ensure accuracy.
- Contact preparers of source documents (manufacturers, distributors, etc.) to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing product-specific data.
- Maintain record of work completed and maintain supplier files.
- Follow-up on product information from other sources, including but not limited to FDA, NCPDP, and press releases.
- Respond to inquiries regarding entered data.
- Communicate pertinent physical product changes to image specialist (e.g., color and/or marking changes).
- Route all product information to the Manager, Product Data Communication.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a pharmacy technician in a dispensing environment or other applicable work experience
- Computer skills including working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Windows
- Excellent internet information retrieval skills
- General understanding of how drug product data is used in the healthcare industry
- Motivation to work in a fast paced environment; must be capable of handling multiple tasks, working efficiently and meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills and a customer-oriented focus
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities
- Interest and experience with digital photography and PhotoShop is a plus
- Average to above average understanding of Chemistry is a plus
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on MD Consult to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.