Account Acquisition Rep - High Tech East (SCI000VX) Boston, Massachusetts
HUNTER ROLE! The Account Acquisition Representative High Tech East role is responsible for prospecting customers, acquiring new customer accounts and closing new business account deals.
The Account Acquisition Representative will sell informational solutions - scientific research tools including online delivery platforms and peer-reviewed digital content resources (e-books, journals & databases).
The product portfolio includes Science Direct, Scopus, Engineering Village, Illumin8, Geofacets and Reaxys.
This position will focus on Engineering & Technology clients.
Account Acquisition - Commercial Responsibility:
- Drive revenues to meet or exceed revenue targets
- Develop & prospect new business opportunities by securing new accounts
- Execute account acquisition & product portfolio sales strategy for assigned territory
- Drive a consultative sales process, and effectively engage and incorporate other Elsevier resources to optimize collaboration and customer service
- Lead negotiations apply consistent, effective sales standards and tools to meet assigned sales targets
- Prepare and conduct effective sales presentations
- Manage targeted buyer and buyer influencers in accounts
- On-going sales pipeline management reporting and updating as appropriate and in alignment with the overall CM strategy
- Forecasting and business development reporting, documenting sales results and forecasts
- Manage customer contacts and establish frequent contact with customers by phone, through client site visits and industry events to meet monthly metrics
- Participate in tradeshows and conferences
- Responsible for T&E budget
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree required. Business, Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering is ideal.
- 6+ years direct sales experience acquiring new accounts in B2B environment.
- New Account Acquisition & Development
- Prospecting with the C-level suite
- Consultative sales or Miller Heiman experience is highly preferred.
- Analytics including forecasting and business development plan creation and reporting
- Software and/or technology sales is ideal.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Character –Leads by Example, Models Core Values, Trusted by Others, Honest/Ethical, Concerned for Others
- Drives for Results-Does everything possible to achieve results; consistently meets or exceeds expectations; builds commitment in others for individual and team objectives; leads efforts to increase productivity and goal accomplishment.
- Builds Relationships-Trusted by work group, establishes rapport easily, approachable and friendly, manages people effectively to get work done, handles difficult situations constructively.
- Technical & Professional Sales Expertise-Demonstrates technical, functional and job-specific knowledge, sought out for opinions, understands the technology and profession in broader picture, develops credibility because of in-depth knowledge.
- Takes initiative-Has confidence to initiate action, Anticipates and responds to threats/opportunities that might affect business, goes above and beyond what needs to be done, models proactive behaviour.
- Solves Problems & Analyzes issues-Asks good questions to elicit accurate information, systematically evaluates problems, encourages alternative approaches and new ideas.
- Collaboration & Teamwork-Promotes a spirit of cooperation amongst team, fosters a climate of trust and respect within the team.