Editorial Project Manager (ELS000OZ) Waltham, Massachusetts
Assists Publisher, Sr. Acquisition Editors and/or Acquisition Editors in effective management of all products, pre and post publication including coordination skills to deliver on author management, review management, database integrity and other administrative duties as needed. Accountabilities include:
· Keeping in contact with authors to ensure delivery of proposals and answering author questions
· Ensure all appropriate proposal materials are available;
· Manage reviewers;
· Research proposal content, assist in preparation of p&l, reports, etc.
· Prepare contracts;
· setup ISBN; etc.
Database and Systems Maintenance:
· Update all systems and status reports at all points throughout the process;
· Filing, correspondence and gathering info, etc.
· Prepare submitted manuscript for production by reformatting, paginating, and copying text, ensuring all figures and tables are cited in text, keying in figure captions in appropriate places, preparing art package, covers, and back cover copy.
Sales & Marketing Liaison:
· Sales conference preparation to include compiling list of books, ensuring all information in databases is correct and appropriate, prepare ATI's, generate list of promotional activities;
· Attend trade shows/ man booth as needed
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on MD Consult to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, excellent verbal/written communication skills, people skills; knowledge of in-house IT systems, other MS office and related software tools. BA/BS is required, 0-1 years experience in publishing, or relevant sales/marketing experience. Knowledge of publishing and/or production process/modeling is an advantage.