Account Representative (HEA000WI) St. Louis, Missouri
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on MD Consult to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The Account Representatives is responsible for the sales process in their territory reporting to the AR Sales Manager.
This is an inside sales role, based in Saint Louis. Other Elsevier locations will be considered.
• Working closely with RAM within the territory, drive new, renewal & upsell sales to academic and non academic hospitals & medical centres in North America to meet individual and team quotas
• Call existing customers as well as 'cold' prospects, based on marketing generated or self designed call lists to safeguarding existing revenue and/or obtaining additional revenue
• Deal with incoming enquiries and act on provided leads to generate new customers
• Execute consistent Telesales standards and tools
• Explain contractual terms and conditions to clients and modify standard contract templates at the basis of predefined clauses. Work with the legal department in case of exceptions.
• Where required, work with customers & customer engagement teams to drive usage
• Manage and maintain the key relations and in particular purchasers in an account
• Record customer interactions and relationships within the Customer Relationship Management system
• Develop and gain in-depth knowledge about the customer
• Grow customer loyalty and satisfaction
• Provide feedback to business development regarding market specific demands
• Strive to meet quarterly and annual sales targets
• Via CRM, price new proposals for new, renewals and up sells for the Consult product line and new sales and migration for ClinicalKey
• Collaborate with ECS to ensure orders and other crucial documentation is entered accurately into CRM systems
• Work with the Regional Director of Sales to assure proper territory coverage during NAM absences
• Provide feedback on the annual account segmentation and account assignment process
• Provide monthly reports documenting sales results & pipeline
• Provide feedback via sales meetings on the following: sales pipeline, market conditions, product feedback, product training requirements & marketing support requirements
• Minimum 1 years experience working in a sales organization
• Demonstrated sales aptitude to renew, cross-sell, up-sell and convert customers to new products, i.e. ClinicalKey
• Knowledgeable with all aspects and functionality of the Medical Solutions product line to include pricing of the Consult product line
• Adept at using Siebel CRM or similar CRM system
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Customer focused
• Strong communications skills
• High energy, results-oriented achiever with a solid record of consistent high performance and goal attainment
• Basic Microsoft Office package skills including Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
• College degree preferred