Product Solutions Specialist (ELS000N8) California, USA
|Salary:||base + commission|
Purpose: Responsible for extending and further developing relationship network and driving revenue of Quosa solutions within the Corporate Markets western territory market. Works closely with Account Managers and the Sales Director to coordinate Quosa solution strategy and activities within overall account management, and with Custom Solutions team to incorporate those resources into the sales and implementation process as appropriate. Reports directly to Regional Sales Director.
- Develop and execute Quosa solutions strategy in customer portfolio while supporting overall account team strategy.
- Drive revenue new business and/or renewals for Quosa solutions in the territory, as well as driving existing pilot programs to fruition.
- Monitor and report on the account and market trends related to Quosa technology e.g., market share, market trends, financial dynamics, IT infrastructure, competitor positioning and activity, industry initiatives (e.g., VIVO), etc.
- Apply consistent, effective sales standards and tools
- Manage customer contacts and establish frequent contact with customers by phone, at place of business and industry events
- As part of the account team participate and/or lead negotiations related to Quosa solutions
- Review monthly reports, document sales results and forecasts
- Orchestrate customer needs assessment process for Quosa solutions set, and prepare and conduct effective sales presentations
- Participate in tradeshows and conferences
- Support Account Managers with the implementation of their Account Plan
- Drive revenues to meet or exceed revenue targets
- Deliver portfolio growth of a determined % per annum
- Responsible for T&E budget
- Manage targeted buyer and buyer influencers in accounts and leverage both existing Quosa relationships and overall Elsevier customer relationship matrix to maximum potential.
- Grow customer loyalty and satisfaction
Works closely with AMs and the Regional Sales Director to coordinate Quosa solutions strategy and activities within overall account management. Coordinate with Custom Solutions team to incorporate those resources into the sales and implementation process as appropriate. Act as liaison with Product Development and Marketing in support of Quosa solution-specific sales, customer needs, and customer satisfaction.
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on MD Consult to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelors degree.
- Proven sales track record of 5 years in a B2B sales management role; tactical account development and strong negation skills
- Product knowledge
- Proven ability to develop and nurture relationships with senior leaders and decision makers, preferably in a government setting
- Ability to manage complex sales of both standard and highly specialized custom solutions
- Software sales experience a plus
- Multi-cultural awareness
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills