Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on MD Consult to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
A. Job Purpose and Scope: Works with the team to facilitate the adoption of best practice workflows and alignment with client goals.
The CPMRC Practice Associate reports to the designated CPMRC Practice Director. Through the direction of Practice Director/Practice Manager and at the assigned client site, the Practice Associate is an individual with expertise in clinical specialty area/content/vendor/ who is new to the concepts of the CPM Framework™. This role is considered an entry level position into the organization. Individuals are expected to advance to a Practice Consultant level within 9 months of hire.
The Practice Associate is an active member of the Practice Advancement Team and the CPM Resource Center staff and serves as a role model for the Elsevier/CPM Resource Center competency framework..
B. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Project/ Practice Management and Relationships:
Through the direction of the Practice Director/Manager, the Practice Associate delivers services designed within the CPM Framework and its Implementation Methodology for clients as assigned:
· Supports all CPM events for clients as assigned.
· Supports client relationship with the clinical experts at their assigned client sites.
· Assumes a collegial, integrated role with the vendor team, ensuring the output of transformation activities.
· Continually seeks ways to enhance customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
· Actively participates in scheduled service calls, Practice Advancement team meetings and contributes perspectives through one-on-one Partnership Council relationship.
2. Advancement to Practice Consultant:
Advancement will occur based upon the Practice Director’s satisfaction with demonstrated competency in the following areas:
· CPM Framework: achieves a verbal/demonstrated understanding upon presentation.
· CPM Applied Evidence Based and Informatics Models: achieves a verbal/ demonstrated understanding upon presentation.
· Clinical Practice Guidelines: achieves a verbal/ demonstrated understanding upon presentation.
· Activation Support: demonstrates ability to be client billable to client lead/manager during activation.
· Post Go Live Optimization: demonstrates competency when completing chart audits
3. Financial Management
· Timely and accurate time and expense entry
· Achieve progressive increase of delivering billable service.
4. Staff Resources:
· Shares appropriate knowledge and resource needs with the practice manager and others to facilitate planning for activation.
5. Process/ Tools:
· Communicates knowledge from the practice field to content team/experts.
· Engages/Participates in conference, consortium meetings, operations meetings.
· Contributes to the development, review, and testing of practice advancement methodologies and assets.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
· Strong current clinical expertise
· Significant knowledge of discipline’s professional standards
· Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
· Demonstrates high quality technical or professional work
· Displays high integrity and honesty
· Takes Initiative
· Professional and trust-worthy presence
· Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, and Outlook
· Organized, detail oriented, consistent with timely follow through
· Significant travel required
· Meets billable target
Job Entry Requirements:
1. Required Education:
· Bachelors Degree and/ or Professional Certification in a relevant specialty required or equivalent experience.
2. Required Experience:
· 5-7 years strong clinical experience, acute care focus preferred.
· 3-5 years clinical management/practice advancement/project implementation expertise in health care strongly preferred.
3. Required Certification:
· As above