Marketing Communications Manager (SCI00142) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Prepare annual operational Marketing Communications Plans for the assigned portfolios based on the strategic objectives defined together with the Publishing Directors, (Ex.)Publishers and in accordance with the Communications Strategy agreed between the Director/Group/Senior Marketing Communications Manager, VP Marketing Communications, and the (S)VPs in Publishing.
- Provide input as required into formulation of annual Strategic Marketing Plans, Marketing Communications Strategy and/or Business Plans by Publishers, Group Marketing Communications Manager, VP Marketing Communications and others
- Perform, facilitate and make use of market research in conjunction with research departments, to develop market knowledge in assigned PMG/PMC's
- Provide marketing communications input, including budget and cost information, into new business and product proposals in assigned portfolios e.g. Society acquisitions, new Conferences and Webinars, new (OA) journal launches.
- Define target audience segmentation, develop key messages, choose the correct communication tools, establish key measurements; in consultation and collaboration with Publishing Directors, (ex). Publishers of assigned portfolios
- Implement, manage and monitor quality of marketing communications campaigns; prepare campaign briefs and list plans, and manage projects through all stages
- Monitor, analyze and report on results of campaigns against planned targets and objectives
- Deliver marketing communications within the budget limitations agreed with the Director/Group/Senior Marketing Communications Manager; monitor costs against budgets and report status to the Director/Group/Senior Marketing Communications Manager
- Organize promotional exhibits activities as identified in the Marketing Communications Plans and manage follow-up of leads and business opportunities resulting from such activities; represent Elsevier at identified exhibits
- Analyze information about current marketing communications programs and produce reports for qualitative and quantitative feedback, as well as for presentations according to priorities identified in the Marketing Communications Plans
- Liaise with Publishing Directors, (ex.) Publishers of assigned PMC's, as well as with Director/Group/Senior Marketing Communications Manager about plans and programs
- Maintain contact with Publishing Directors, (ex.) Publishers about current activities, campaigns, etc.
- Maintain contacts with other Elsevier marketers whenever required
- Maintain contacts with relevant Marketing Services departments about production of marketing tools, data, tracking information, logistics of exhibits, etc.
- Maintain contacts with authors, editors, reviewers, societies, Conference Organizers, delegates, subscribers to B2B magazines
- Impact on journal quality
- Apply communications tools and execute marketing communications activities in accordance with best practices as identified and developed by the Director/Group/Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.