Senior Front End Developer - 16362 (BBBH371) Sunnyvale, California
In this role as a senior software engineer, you will be doing front end development and involved throughout the project life cycle in an agile environment, from requirements, design, code implementation, deployment and its successful operation to implement new designs for corporate web sites and also enhance our payments platform.
- You will engage in projects by:
- Working with UI design teams and content developers to implement new corporate web site designs.
- Working with product managers to flush out detailed requirements
- Working with developers to implement new features or changes to existing features.
- Attending daily stand up meetings.
- Delivering based on sprint schedules
- Working with lead Architect in designing and implementing components
- Writing high quality code
- Working to ensure the feature is done and production-ready by end of the sprint.
- Documenting your feature so that it can be transitioned to the sustaining team.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Javascipt, Ajax
- Linux/Unix, Apache
- 5+ years of related experience
- Solid understanding of browser performance and how to prevent problems from arising and how to fix them if they do
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility with progressive enhancement
- Strong communication skills
- Strong debugging, problem solving skills
Nice to have skills:
- YUI, ExtJS
- Experience with service oriented architectures using Web Services, REST, JSON/SOAP, XML and JAXB
- Understanding of mobile UI design platforms like Android and iOS
- Test Driven Development
- Basic knowledge of OO concepts.
- Oracle, MySQL
- Experience with the agile/scrum product development