PHP / Drupal Developer - FT001 (BBBH326) South Pasadena, California
VERY hot VERY well funded Start-Up!, founded in 2012, is THE exciting new take on the age-old idea of stock photography and footage. We combine social media with stock imagery, allowing photographers and filmers at any skill level to monetize on their work and to find other individuals who share their interest in the visual arts. We are in the process of leading the charge into the world of 4K resolution and actively pursuing and creating what will soon be the world's largest 4K stock library. Unlike most other stock sites, we do not require users to be exclusive with us, nor do we expect everyone to be a professional -- we have opened our doors to anyone and everyone, from beginning iPhoneographers all the way through A-list cinematographers. The main site, paired with the iPhone app makes for a dynamic duo, keeping users engaged from multiple avenues. Very smart way for photographers and filmers to make money.
We are actively seeking experienced PHP and Drupal developers to join our team. All skill levels should apply. We have positions on our team for recent college graduates as well as seasoned Drupalistas and expert PHP programmers. We are growing rapidly and are looking for talented passionate developers to join our great team.
- Strong PHP development skills
- Significant experience with DRUPAL, including module and theme development, configuration and administration
- OO programming a must!
- Strong knowledge of backend development
- Good knowledge of HTML/CSS and general Front End Development technologies and practices
- Further to this, you will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to collaborate and brainstorm with you team
- Good understanding of the web design
- Confidence, self management and autonomy
Essential Job Functions:
- Participating in all aspects of website development: analysis, planning, testing, development, maintenance
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Developing custom Drupal modules with an emphasis on usability
- Implementing bug fixes and assist with routine maintenance of existing websites
- Investigating, analyzing and documenting reported defects
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, team player and organized
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Experience with Drupal (specifically the Acquia distribution), PHP, large-scale applications and Acquia
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong experience developing Drupal modules (2+ years)
- BS degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML and other web standards.
- Please also include links to your work online including a link to your drupal.org profile.