Virtual Machine R&D Software Engineer - 2941938 (BBBH544) Foster City, California
The R&D department is looking to expand its team of highly experienced and dedicated engineers working with the Virtual Machine (VM) engineering team.
As a member of the VM team you will be part of extending and improving the virtual machines which currently uses across many platforms. Engineering work will include architecture ports, OS ports, performance improvements, and security related work. The ideal candidate should feel comfortable architecting and implementing subsystems that may need to be replaced over time.
If you want to be able to make a change within the PlayStation brand, the R&D department is the right place to be. The candidate is passionate, self-driven, active and wants to be in an environment with equal minds.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the US R&D VM team.
- Improve performance and stability of the virtual machines.
- Assess and estimate time needed for architecture and/or implementation of functionality.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Experience implementing compilers such as GCC, LLVM or Clang.
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++.
- Good knowledge of ARM, PowerPC and x86
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good team, communication, documentation and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications, Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years developing compilers and/or virtual machines.
- 5 year on several large and/or advanced technical projects.
- Passionate, dedicated and committed engineer.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with PlayStation platforms.
- Multi-lingual; ability to speak Japanese.
- Good knowledge around the open source community; active within communities/forums.
** Please note that this is a W-2 Contract Position**