Sr. Object Oriented Dev. Java or C++with Apache/Hive - HW1491 (BBBH465) East Palo Alto, California
We are looking for exceptional software engineers to join the development team for Apache Hive in the Hadoop ecosystem. We are looking for talented individuals who will innovate cutting edge features to take these products to the next level of capability and enterprise readiness.
To be successful in this position you will need to be able to work well with others in an open source community, share ideas, review designs, and collaborate to achieve optimal results. You must also be passionate about building quality into software from earliest stages of the development lifecycle until final delivery of a commercial quality product.
- Strong system software design and development with strong understanding of distributed & large scale systems
- Hands on technical role; contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle, including the analysis, architecture, design, implementation, and test
- Strong SQL database usage, query semantics, SQL data types, type mapping, and relational database operations
- Develop data management software, i.e. database internals, query optimization, execution plans, and storage strategies.
- Developing and/or using data analytics functions, business intelligence tools or data warehousing capabilities
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the industry
- Advanced Java programmer skills with a good grasp of key computer science fundamentals including algorithms, data structures, multi-threading.
- Advance C++ is a reasonable substitute for Java.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience as Open Source contributor desirable