Financial Feeds Engineer - 16687 (BBBH384) Sunnyvale, California
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our data engineering team. The team is responsible for processing, storing, aggregating and distributing various financial fundamental & historical data feeds like MorningStar, CapIQ &Thomson Reuters.
- Enhance the static feed processors written in perl as per developer notices and implement related database schema changes.
- Write automated scripts to find finance data feed quality issues.
- Develop editorial tools to correct data.
- Troubleshoot & fix production data issues.
- Write monitoring, unit & stress tests
- Document code, procedures and system designs Skills Required
- Strong proficiency in Perl & Mysql
- Good working knowledge of Unix Shell & tools like svn & make
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis & Design
- Good overall computer science foundation
- Overall 5+ years of Unix/Perl/Mysql development experience Desired
- Experience with finance fundamental data feeds such as Morningstar, CapIQ, Thomson Reuters, Edgar
- Experience in web servers (apache, tomcat) & application development (eg: php or java script)
- Understanding of data quality metrics & statistics