The Spectrum Brands Global Batteries & Lights (GBL) division provides premium products at a value price. Our well-known Rayovac® brand offers a wide variety of products including: virtually-indestructible lights, the world’s longest lasting hearing aid batteries, innovative portable power solutions, and much more. We distinguish our product offerings from the competition by employing forward thinking, innovative technologies matched with a strong understanding of consumer needs to bring to market high quality, superior products that delight the end user.
In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for hands-on efforts to solve electrical and production related issues. This individual will be responsible for day-to-day problem solving as well as providing engineering expertise for longer-term improvement projects. A high-performance, team atmosphere is the setting for these activities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs electrical systems/equipment to provide a useful and safe workplace.
- Devises and outlines maintenance procedures for electrical systems/equipment to ensure maximum service life and utilization.
- Monitors installation of designed equipment/systems to ensure compliance with design specifications and safety codes.
- Reviews existing electrical designs and specifications being purchased or fabricated. Assistance is provided for existing facilities, electrical estimations for equipment and construction as well as modifications for mechanical designs.
- Provides electrical design direction on multi-discipline projects, developing concept studies and design, ensures the new systems are compatible with existing facility systems.
- Develops standards of practices for electrical crafts & trades personnel, involving new installation and operating and maintaining existing conditions and equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to demonstrate proven hands-on experience in the following:
- Proven design and troubleshooting capability in an industrial environment
- Demonstrated project management capability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Technical/practical skills in most of the following areas:
- Basic understanding of wiring and diagrams
- Detailed knowledge of electrical standards and codes
- Low voltage and medium voltage motor control
- Knowledge of motion controllers
- Understanding of pneumatics and controls
- Robotic programming ability desired
- PLC Control systems – design, programming and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Omron and Allen-Bradley PLC's preferred
- Knowledge of HMI configuration; Cimplicity preferred
- Process Instrumentation - selection and application of instruments
- Working knowledge of servo, stepper and VFD (variable frequency drive) equipment
- Ability to create schematics
- Database programming (i.e. Windows MS Access, Cimplicity SQL)
- Computer literate (i.e. Visio, AutoCAD, Solid Works, spreadsheets, scheduling, word processing, e-mail) Estimating (capital costs and engineering man-hours)
A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology or a minimum of 10 or more years related experience.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing / warehouse environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.