Principal Project Manager - Tunnels (8546BR) Metro Vancouver, Canada
Position: Principal Project Manager - Tunnels location in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
As the successful candidate you will provide leadership for tunnelling professionals, manage the delivery of project outcomes as part of a sound business. In this role, you will be involved in a range of small to large project, which will provide career advancement by challenging both your technical and operations management skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Geological, Geotechnical or Structural engineering from an accredited university;
- Registered professional engineer status in BC or eligibility to register with APEGBC;
- Minimum 20 years of industry experience with 10 years in tunnel design and construction;
- Recognized expertise in tunnel design and underground structures;
- Experience in the management of tunnel engineering professionals and tunnel project teams is required for this role;
- Experience in client engagement, proposal development and client presentations is required for this role;
- Experience working on multiple projects, and with multiple stakeholders is required for this role;
- A personal desire to use and continue to develop your technical and management skills and the willingness to tackle any challenge;
- Excellent communication skills, good team working skills and good problem solving skills are required for this role;
- Experience in the mentorship of junior, intermediate and senior engineering professionals.
- Defining and ensuring technical excellence for the Tunnels Practice;
- Managing staff to achieve business targets, including utilization targets;
- Assigning staff to project work and contributing to workforce planning initiatives;
- Providing general technical advice on all tunnel design components and coordinate all disciplines;
- Building relationships with the Client;
- Supporting clients through planning and approval processes by addressing and responding to technical queries;
- Providing technical input into value engineering and risk management activities, particularly those involving tunnels;
- Working collaboratively relevant stakeholders and any other consultants through any design development to develop solutions;
- Building relationships with the project teams and other client advisors;
- Executing the work within budget and timeline and to the demands of the Client;
- Reporting on project progress and finance on a monthly basis or as required;
- Ensuring performance assessment, training and development for staff.
Hatch Mott MacDonald is a well-diversified infrastructure practice, operating in offices throughout North America. Our approach is client-focused with a corporate commitment to engineering excellence. Proud of our role in major ventures improving infrastructure throughout Canada and the United States, we provide services for all aspects of engineering projects, from feasibility studies and surveys through design to project and program management, construction management and supervision, start-up and operations.