Civil Designers - Intermediate and Senior (10576BR) Calgary Region, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald, a North American firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada offers rewarding and challenging positions. HMM provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. Hatch Mott MacDonald, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
As the qualified candidate, you possess:
- 5 to 15 years of experience on various elements of civil infrastructure projects.
- Graduate from a recognized post-secondary educational institution
- Proficient with civil engineering design software tools (e.g. AutoCAD, Microstation)
- Proficient in civil designs for some or all of: roadways, highways, rail, earthworks, site grading, site development, drainage, utilities
- Good command of the English language, written and oral communication skills
- Eagerness to learn
- Positive attitude, team player.
In this position, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Working with other designers, project engineers and project managers in the execution and delivery of project requirements.
- Completing civil engineering design including: vertical and horizontal alignments; quantity calculations and estimates; engineering design reports; technical specifications; compilation of design/construction drawings.
- Providing support to other disciplines and offices, as required.
- Actively participating in and supporting internal and external development and training activities.
- As appropriate, supporting the development of more junior staff within the region.