Highway Design Engineer (10428BR) Mississauga, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald, a North American firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada offers rewarding and challenging positions. HMM provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. Hatch Mott MacDonald, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
As the qualified candidate, you possess the following:
- Degree in related field from an accredited institution.
- 3-7 years of relevant roadway design experience in a consulting environment.
- Familiar with applicable MTO and/or TAC standards and practice.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2006 (or higher) is mandatory.
- Minimum of 2+ year of experience with InRoads v.8.8 (or higher) on AutoCAD platform is mandatory; working knowledge of LDD or Civil 3D would be an asset.
- Ability to recognize priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
In this position responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Participation in the preliminary and detailed design of roads and freeways in both rural and urban environment.
- Undertaking roadway geometric design including design of intersections and interchanges, roadside safety analysis, design of pavement marking and signage, traffic staging design, and quantity calculations.
- Assistance to project managers and/or engineers with preparation of design and contract documents including technical and other project specifications, and proposals.