Surveyor(s) - Junior and Senior (10058BR) Thunder Bay District, Canada
We are seeking both junior and senior surveyors to join in Thunder Bay, ON.
- Minimum of 2 years surveying experience.
- As a senior surveyor, will require a minimum of 2 years experience leading a survey crew.
- Familiar with MTO, municipality engineering topographic surveys.
- Familiar with, and proficiency in,the operation of survey equipment such as the Total Station/Data Collector, Level, and various Global Positioning System (GPS) methods.
- Familiar with commonly used surveying terms and with the use and care of survey tools and other survey field equipment used for measuring, sighting, and leveling.
- Familiar with the latest software for downloading survey data from data collectors.
- Knowledge in the various methods of surveying
- Strong leadership skills, work ethic, and team-player attitude.
- Strong technical, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills an asset
- Willing to work out of town
- Locate, review, and research job locations for identifying landmarks, physical objects, and significant land changes that would affect the survey.
- Keep accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe work performed.
- Work with the survey crew, evaluate priorities and coordinate and organize the work efforts.
-- Ensure that collected information are accurate and conform to regulations and standards.
- Consult with computer operators and assist the final production of work performed.
- Coordinate findings of the work with engineering personnel, and others concerned with project.
- Research previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys.
- Determine methods and procedures for establishing or reestablishing survey control.
- Supervise the maintenance of instruments and equipment (senior surveyor)
Hatch Mott MacDonald is an award, employee-owned engineering firm with a reputation for technical excellence, innovation, and overcoming complex engineering challenges. Being part of the HMM team provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals a broad range of infrastructure, transportation, water & wastewater and environmental projects. Hatch Mott MacDonald, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the careers of each employee.