Engineer II - CFD (9807BR) Mississauga, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM), a North American firm provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. HMM, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
As the qualified candidate, you possess a relevant engineering degree with specialism in fluid mechanics and/or aerodynamics and a minimum of three years’ engineering consultancy or design experience are essential. As well as having good technical skills, applicants should have excellent written and oral skills and be interested in helping develop the business. Eligibility for registration as a P.Eng. in the province of Ontario is desirable, as is experience with the following software: ANSYS, FDS, SES.
In this position, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- conduct aerodynamic analyses of tunnel ventilation systems designs, using both our proprietary 1-dimensional software and commercial 3-dimensional software.
- conduct analyses of fluid flows in other areas as the business develops
- write clearly, and be able to complete written reports of analysis projects on time and within budget.
- assist in developing the simulation business and promote HMM effectively
- encouraged to develop your capabilities with a view to undertaking roles of increasing responsibility.